Public Holiday Calendar 2021 also available now!
Passing of Singapore's Founding Prime Minister Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Funeral Arrangements23 March 2015
Singapore's founding Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew, has died Monday, 23 March 2015.
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) announced the news today (23 March 2015), adding that Mr Lee passed away at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) at 3:18am.
Funeral Arrangements for Mr Lee Kuan Yew
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) has announced arrangements as follow:
- Monday, 23 March to Tuesday, 24 March 2015 (Location: Sri Temasek, Istana) : Mr Lee's private family wake.
- Wednesday, 25 March to Saturday, 28 March 2015 (Location: Parliament House) : Mr Lee's body will lie in state at Parliament House for the public to pay respects. Visiting hours will be 10am to 8pm
- [Update 25 Mar: end of visitation hours has been extended till 23:59 (midnight) for 25 Mar 2015].
- [Update 25 Mar (2): visitation hours has been further extended to be 24 hours daily until 28 Mar 2015, 8pm].
- Sunday, 29 March 2015 (various locations) : a State Funeral Procession will bear the coffin from Parliament House to the National University of Singapore's University Cultural Centre for the State Funeral Service. Thereafter, a private cremation service will be held at Mandai Crematorium.